OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
This position is directly responsible for all the functions of the accounts receivable department including direct supervision of accounts receivable, billing and collection personnel, recommending new practices, ensuring compliance as well as ensuring accurate and timely month end transactions.
Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
• Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes
• Ensuring work is accomplished effectively by managing employee performance, work processes and other resources
• Engaging employees to maximize their discretionary effort
• Developing a pipeline of excellent talent to fill future business needs
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• A focus on efficient processes
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Accounts Receivable, Billing and Collection cycle
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Ensure that all responsibilities of assigned staff are completed in a timely manner, including that accounts are reconciled monthly, past due balances are collected, customer requests are fulfilled, billing errors are corrected and cash is applied appropriately.
• Assist customers with invoicing questions in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service
• Evaluate, recommend and implement new accounts receivable, billing and collection practices and procedures
• Be responsible and accountable for the work of the accounts receivable staff, including ensuring the staff is correctly trained to carry out their duties and responsibilities, and that company policies are followed
• Ensure that departmental timelines are met and prioritize duties as necessary
• Work with clients and internal staff to improve systems and resolve discrepancies
• Manage monthly close of accounts receivable and ensure unprocessed/outstanding invoices and revenues are properly accounted for
• Collaborate and communicate effectively across departments
• Lead, coach and grow accounts receivable staff
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
• Education Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
• Experience and/or Training o 3+ years of progressive Accounts Receivable experience
o Above average knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook required
o Previous experience leading a team
o General knowledge of Accounting
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, type and engage in repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is require to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally require to stand or grasp. The employee is intermittently required to stoop or crouch; push or pull; or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role requires mental alertness. The employee must regularly communicate both verbally and written; concentrate on tasks; and remember and observe details. The employee must frequently adjust to changes; handle stress and emotions; and think analytically.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is not substantially exposed to environmental conditions.