OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
Patient Minded I act with the patient’s best interest in mind.
Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that the company’s facilities meet the day-to-day needs of the associates that work within them. Scope of responsibilities include but are not limited to budget, safety, planning, maintenance, negotiations, moving, cleaning, and vendor management.
1. Develops annual facilities budget by location based on growth and future needs; manages expenses accordingly.
2. Negotiates leases, vendor contracts and manages portfolio of vendors and associated contracts to ensure company is receiving quality services at competitive prices; conducts periodic vendor assessments to measure quality of services.
3. Manages facility space allocation and works with key decision makers to ensure company has a space and capacity plan to meet the needs of the business.
4. Directs all aspects of facility moves to ensure that technical components are established (phones, wiring, etc.), new location is properly set up and accessible (badges, security, etc.) and associates and their contents are moved effectively.
5. Develops and manages preventative maintenance program for all facility equipment; inspects and ensures quality execution of construction and installation projects; performs safety inspections, insurance audits, and routine maintenance to the building and acquires the necessary services from outside vendors as necessary for more complex tasks; works with landlord facilities management to ensure maintenance of the facility is consistent with the lease document.
6. Ensures optimal communication, training and utility of fire and other emergency equipment including but not limited to extinguishers, AED’s, etc.
7. Develops, communicates and maintains emergency plans and evacuation procedures; deals with any emergencies that may arise and helps facilitate disaster recovery plans in concert with key personnel.
8. Ensures facilities are operating in compliance with city and other applicable ordinances.
9. Works with key personnel in planning for company events and future needs including but not limited to Town Halls, office space, equipment, repairs, and maintenance.
10. Arranges and procures the necessary supplies to operate multi-site facilities.
11. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
-Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with internal customers, vendors, team members, and others.
-Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
-Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
-Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and facility issues.
-Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
-Ability to handle/balance multiple projects, to quickly prioritize a variety of responsibilities, to be flexible and to adjust to changing priorities.
-Ability to remain pleasant and composed under pressure.
-Strong customer service skills and experience, receiving gratification from helping others.
-Capable of working with others in a team environment.
-Ability to accomplish work with limited supervision.
-Project management experience preferred.
-Minimum 5 years of experience in a facilities management role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Standard office equipment.
-Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
-Walking and standing are required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
-Requires dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
-Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
-Ability to analyze complex information.
-Ability to deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions.
-Composure and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
-Ability to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
-Ability to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
-Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
-Ability to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
-Ability to encourage mutual respect and accountability at all levels.
-Ability to identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization.
-Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
-Requires working in multiple office settings.
-Dress code is business casual unless communicated otherwise.
-Requires possible travel to and from multiple locations including but not limited to OH and MO.