OUR CULTURE: At DLSS, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?” Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?” Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?” Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?” Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself?”
THE POSITION: The most important aspect of this position is ensuring accurate and timely accounting transactions.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Experience with writing journal entries
• Familiarity with working with a general ledger
• Prior reconciliation experience
• Attention to detail
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing assigned tasks
• Meets established month end close deadlines for preparing journal entries
• Ensures all assigned reconciliations are prepared timely and with accuracy
• Provides proactive analysis and support to the finance team
• Recommends for approval and implements accounting plans, procedures and policies • Assist with other finance team duties as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Complete month, quarter and year end close duties by posting accurate journal entries
• Update and review all assigned account reconciliations, including preparing any needed adjusting entries
• Recommend process improvements as needed • Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested to ensure accurate and thorough financial reporting
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 0 – 3 years’ experience in a finance environment
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Working towards CPA or MBA
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, type and engage in repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is require to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally require to stand or grasp. The employee is intermittently required to stoop or crouch; push or pull; or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role requires mental alertness. The employee must regularly communicate both verbally and written; concentrate on tasks; and remember and observe details. The employee must frequently adjust to changes; handle stress and emotions; and think analytically.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is not substantially exposed to environmental conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.