At DLSS, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask "How can I help you?"
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask "How can I make it happen?"
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask "How can I do it better?"
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask "How can we achieve success?"
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask "How can I challenge myself?"
The most important aspect of this position is completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Verbal communication skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Time management and organization skills
• Ability to have multiple projects open at one time and complete them all on time
• Vouchers invoices to appropriate accounts and departments by analyzing invoice details
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
• Processes credit card charges
• Assists with the year-end audit
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Keeps vendor accounts current by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Maintains accurate historical records by scanning and filing documents in a timely manner
• Maintains accurate accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
• Education High school diploma
• Experience and/or Training
O Experience in a finance environment
O Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
o Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
o Previous accounts payable experience
o General knowledge of Accounting
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, type and engage in repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is require to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally require to stand or grasp. The employee is intermittently required to stoop or crouch; push or pull; or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role requires mental alertness. The employee must regularly communicate both verbally and written; concentrate on tasks; and remember and observe details. The employee must frequently adjust to changes; handle stress and emotions; and think analytically.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is not substantially exposed to environmental conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.