The IT Director, Channel Services & Supply Chain will have the opportunity to think strategically while providing the day-to-day hands-on technology leadership developing and supporting consumer-oriented Health Care information systems, business applications, and technology infrastructure for the Company’s global customers.
Reporting directly to the CIO, the Director of IT Development Services provide overall IT leadership for Eversana’s Channel business. The Director will be the primary point of contact for the President of the Channel business. Working collaboratively with the IT leadership team, the director will provide senior leadership for the technology organization, responsible for laying out a vision, setting goals, and establishing the direction, priorities and cadence for a team of software engineers and developers, including offshore resources
The right leader will influence others by demonstrating passion/enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, professionalism, and solid alignment with the Company’s values of teamwork, tenacity, transparency as well as ownership, innovation and nimbleness.
- Providing cross-functional expertise in delivering services and solutions for with a focus on order management, warehouse management and transportation management.
- Requires business and application experience in Supply Chain functionality for managing orders, inventory, warehousing, and logistics.
- Expected to fill the role as a lead technical consultant on one or multiple projects acting as a solution advisor and managing business relationships is vital to the role.
- Strong attention to detail in business process improvements, ability to understand the end to end business process, and ensuring those business processes align with the best practices in ERP implementations.
- Managing and leading a team of business analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts and system analysts.
- Responsible for using strong technical design and analytical skills to set a vision for the team including continuous operational improvements.
- Solid experience in problem analysis, resolution and change management.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Stays abreast of changing technology trends and able to incorporate new technology or methodologies quickly.
- Managing a broad project portfolio of continuous improvement projects to increase capabilities provided to the business.
Business Strategy & Execution
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Company’s IT Strategic Direction leveraging existing relationships and Products. This includes Product Requirements, Service Requirements, Corporate Environment, and Target Valuation Objectives.
- Provide strategic solutions and approaches to solve ongoing business challenges to IT executives and business partners through collaboration with internal partners. Present technology solutions and alternatives to the senior leadership team. Create a three-year roadmap for the Channel business.
- Prepare and present business cases and validate resource and cost estimates for potential technical solutions. Advise the business on the technical and business value of the proposition.
- Serve as an interface between software development leadership, senior staff members and executive management.
- Communicate with management team members to resolve quality or process issues.
Development, Quality, and Testing, Change Management
- Work closely with Software Developers and Software Engineers to organize the underlying architecture and defines programming standards for the Company’s software products.
- Serve as technical advisor to management when needed to provide technical perspective on requirements.
- Implement industry standard best practice approaches for the Company’s Software Development Life Cycle.
- Collaborate with other software development teams to ensure consistency in code development and development processes.
- Provide day-to-day management of front-end, back end, configuration and testing teams for the Company’s software and product development.
- Create, maintain and enforce a quality management process that ensures operational efficiencies and quality products delivered to the customer.
- Coordinate communications and scheduling to all affected parties when technology changes are to be made. Ensuring that technology changes are conducted so that our employees realize as minimal impact as possible.
Budgeting, Standards, and Governance
- Keep up-to-date on new technology and standards in areas relevant to the organization and the rapidly changing digital environment.
- Provide financial management for the IT Development Services team and any assigned projects. Develop accurate annual operating and capital budget proposals to ensure expenditures align with plans. Analyze and justify budget variances.
People Leadership and Employee Development:
- Manage and lead a team of high performing associates through effective hiring, coaching and performance management, setting clear expectations and measurable performance goals.
- Provide tools and training to enable a high-performing team.
- Foster a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicate effectively with others with clarity and transparency. Encourage mutual respect and accountability at all levels.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws.
- Communicate providing regular formal and informal verbal and written feedback in a professional manner.
- Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Attract and develop high-caliber talent.
- Provide regular informal and formal feedback.
- Ensure that project teams remain focused on key objectives and goals and comply with established methodologies.
Administrative and Other:
- Manage administrative tasks related to team members (time card approvals, budgets, personal/vacation time).
- Perform other tasks, project, and duties as requested and assigned.
Personal Attributes & Behaviors:
- Analyze complex information and variables and to select the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
- Deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization.
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Focus on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
- Accept accountability and responsibility in work practices and expectations. Deliver what is promised.
- Demonstrate ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written material, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Use innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
- Seek assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring staff into new and advanced skills in a technical environment.
- Minimum of 6 years of people leadership experience in a technical capacity.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with internal stakeholders to produce software products.
- Strong understanding of data and large data sets.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Background in Health Care and/or high-volume, regulated, consumer-services functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with ability to convey message with executive presence as well as consultatively influence outcomes.
- Awareness of situational leadership and when to use different leadership styles (e.g., coaching and mentoring vs pacesetting and directive) to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to analyze complex information containing many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience and knowledge.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
- Milwaukee, WI; limited travel (20-25%) to other locations, including distribution centers, should be expected
- Relocation assistance is available