At Dohmen Life Science Services, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself?”
The most important aspect of this position is the ability to process data with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency within a regulated environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, particularly in the area of data analytics. The person in this position will need the skills necessary to keep up with constant demand from our clients and internal stakeholders for data in various forms. In addition, a thorough understanding of the regulated context of the data being processed will be required, along with a strict adherence to policies and procedures governing validation and verification of the data.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Attention to detail is the most crucial success factor in this position.
- The ability to manage a data project with a very high workload and time-sensitive deliverables within a highly regulated environment.
- A working knowledge of databases, SQL, reporting, business intelligence, ETL, and related technologies is a must.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills are an important factor for success.
- Act as a business analyst to document reporting or process requirements from internal or external customers in a manner sufficient to allow a report development team to effectively manage a report development project and produce reports that meet the requirements
- Contribute to ad hoc report specification, development and implementation for internal and external customers and data contributors.
- Design and implement electronic transfer of safety data from the medical information system, in accordance with E2B data transmission standards, to and from client or client vendor safety databases.
- Design and implement electronic transfer of medical information request data from client CRM systems (such as VEEVA) to the medical information system, including both semi-automated and fully automated case creation logic.
- Act as a project manager for data integration projects between the medical information system and client or client vendor systems.
- Work with clients to facilitate data transfers to a data warehouse from external (client) databases.
- Develop and maintain business and technical processes per client and operational input, including thorough documentation, training, and self-auditing.
- Contribute to the thorough documentation and visual representation of the end-to-end view of processes, systems, and data flows.
- Work as a team member to achieve goals by: communicating information and status; collaborating on problem resolution; demonstrating leadership, commitment, and dependability; and providing technical expertise.
- Assist in business development and customer services as other duties allow.
- Act as a departmental resource by researching and consulting with others within or outside of the department to assure dissemination of complete and accurate information.
- Manage the report development lifecycle for individual data requests for external and internal customers
- Lead or assist in data integration projects utilizing ETL
- Assist in client invoicing and related data consolidation from client systems
- Comply with the change control process for client workflow change requests
- Administer document management and document version control as needed for DLSS – Medical Communications
- Create and execute validation scripts as required for software systems used by DLSS – Medical Communications
- Provide support during client or regulatory audits as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- College degree or equivalent experience (experience in the medical or pharma industries a plus)
- Ability to perform simple and complex SQL queries
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Advanced knowledge of ETL tools
- Proficiency with standard desk-top computing programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Access) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, consistent attention to detail, and project management expertise
- Able to prioritize while multitasking
- Follows instructions well; works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Positive attitude and energy – exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
- Communication skills – possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate.
- Innovator – transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Highly principled – proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.