At Dohmen Life Science Services, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself?”
The most important aspect of this position is to support the Medical Information Call Center in all aspects of call center functions including case data entry, phone staffing, and information fulfillment responsibilities.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
Maintain/improve metrics of efficiency and accuracy associated with activities of the Medical Affairs call center.
Maintain/improve customer services associated with activities of the Medical Affairs call center.
- Enter data in medical information and safety databases.
- Manage and triage incoming medical communication via electronic means and phone.
- Search multiple databases for duplicates and data entry into multiple medical information databases for medical information and/or drug safety functions.
- Intake phone calls regarding technical inquiries including responding, screening, and/or routing calls as appropriate.
- Assemble and prepare information packets for mail, fax and FedEx.
- Follow standard operating procedures, work instructions, and client specific guidelines.
- Participate in department projects as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Pharmacy Technician, or Medical Technician, or Registered Nurse, or equivalent licensure (desirable).
- Associate Degree, or Bachelor of Arts Degree, or Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university (desirable).
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferable in clinical setting, pharmaceutical industry, or equivalent.
- Experience working with databases.
- Documented ability to type 55 or more words per minute (required).
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other Windows applications (desirable)
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology (desirable).
- Excellent communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and handle large volume of incoming emails (or other electronic means) and phone calls.
- Must be quality oriented and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to follow established processes and procedures and the flexibility to adopt new practices and priorities as required.
- Able to work full time and be flexible with work scheduling.
- Positive Attitude and Energy – Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
- Communication Skills – Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate.
- Innovator – Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Highly Principled – Proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.