Legal Assistant will provide a full range of administrative activities and operational support to the Legal, Quality, & Compliance Department. This role will assist with data collection, routine budget administration, compiling and organizing materials, as well as preparing both standard and ad hoc reports, spreadsheets, and presentations of varying complexity. Will also be responsible for the coordination of the various Legal Department associates’ schedules, including meetings and arranging business travel and logistical matters.
- Provide analytical and specialized administrative support to Legal department and Legal Counsel staff, that includes complex details and advanced administrative duties
- Preparation and revision of various agreements and amendments for associates, including shared management of Contract Management Database
- Solid foundation in Legal case administration, including pleadings preparation and discovery case management, preparation and management of case discovery
- Manage and maintain invoicing for all Legal Department vendors, with ability to report out metrics
- Prepare, submit and maintain various Legal Department associates’ expense reports
- Manage and maintain Critical Event Calendar with every critical date – and extract records
- Execute special or continuous research and data analysis tasks
- Analyze problems, determine approach, compile and analyze data, and prepare reports/recommendation
- Coordinate activities between various departments and outside parties
- Contact company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports
- Provide various departments with reporting, presentations, and support to achieve business objective
- Provide various departments with vendor payments to assist in their strategies and tactics
- Assist with financial reporting and various communications as needed
- Coordinate various Legal Department associates’ schedules and arrange for business travel and logistics
- Perform work of a critical and/or confidential nature, and work on assignments that span across various functional areas
- Perform other job related duties as assigned and assist Legal Department with office services functions
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Relentlessly organized
- Passionate about the power of well-crafted processes
- Able to cut through noise and distill legal concepts into clear action items
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working autonomously and proactively on multiple projects
- Confidently reprioritizes based on evolving needs or in response to new information
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting a Legal and/or Compliance department, or a similar functional area required; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry preferred.
- Experience with IP search tools, databases, and docketing systems
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all policies and leads by example.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy, and regulatory standards at all times.
- Excellent spelling and proofreading skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs applicable to handling of corporate matters, as well as SharePoint, and CLM software
- Typing (50+ wpm)
- Transcription skills
- Knowledge of court filing procedure, including electronic filing
- Working knowledge of internet navigation
- Ability to organize, prioritize and produce quality work
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adaptable to changing demands from multiple people
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Self-motivated and flexible in order to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of contract and legal terminology.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
Dohmen is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Dohmen policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.