The most important aspect of this position is to participate in all inventory control functions including cycle counting, physical inventory, client transfers, investigations and inventory adjustment requests.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Attention to detail
- Analytical aptitude
- Cycle count
- Physical inventory count
- Perform research and analysis
- Operate forklift equipment
- Perform client transfers and product transfers
- Support projects as assigned
- Perform all tasks assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Facilitate a safe operational environment by strictly complying with all DLSS safety requirements; this includes the accurate completion of pre and post lift truck equipment checklists.
- Adhere to all formal standard operating procedures related to inventory control
- Meet departmental KPIs
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
- DLSS fork lift equipment certification is required
- Prior experience in a distribution environment preferred
- Good verbal and written skills are required
- Basic math skills are required, but a calculator may be used.
- Good attendance and ability to follow instructions without deviation are also required.
- Ability to work a variable shift schedule as required
- Ability to focus on detail and quality.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to efficiently use IT hardware, software and peripherals as it pertains to the performance of daily tasks.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate fork lift equipment in a confined environment.
- Ability to work in and support a team environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Environmental demands include walking or standing at a minimum of 80% of the shift, lifting up to 50 lbs. and performing tasks in a busy DC environment. Bending, squatting, pivoting and stooping may be required. Conditions include regular interaction with mobile powered industrial equipment in confined areas including cage, vault and cold room (2 – 8 degrees [36-48 F]).