At Dohmen, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself”
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the preparation and shipment of medications and supplies for individual patients and wholesale facilities. This is a fast-paced work environment which requires high attention to detail and teamwork to accomplish daily workload and ensure high touch patient care. The position supports all endeavors with regulatory compliance including pharmacy and wholesale distribution best practices.
• Successful fulfillment and delivery of all prescriptions and supplies to patients in a timely manner
• Management of medication and supply inventory
• Positive patient and client experience throughout the entire patient journey
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Pick and pack patient prescriptions, wholesale orders and supply orders
• Inspect on-hand inventory for integrity, purity and appropriate expiration dating
• Ensure all manufacturer program specific literature and materials are included in shipments as necessary
• Create and ensure appropriate third party shipping labels are attached to all patient prescriptions, wholesale orders and supply orders
• Restock medication, supply and ancillary products upon receipt
• Keep all medications and ancillary supplies organized, rotated by expiration date and sorted by lot number
• Assist with shipment status modification (i.e. hold, return-to-stock)
• Participate in all medication and supply inventories as assigned
• Compliance with all applicable state and federal pharmacy laws
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
• High school diploma or GED
• Current MO pharmacy technician registration, or eligible to obtain
• Basic math calculation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Punctual and reliable
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays as needed
• Ability to adapt and develop new skills as needed
• One year pharmacy technician experience
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
This position requires medium physical activity; the employee must occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force and up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to reach, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, stand, walk, and engage in repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is required to stoop. The employee is intermittently required to climb, kneel or crouch, pushing or pull, feel, talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role requires mental alertness. The employee must regularly communicate both verbally and written; concentrate on tasks; and remember and observe details. The employee must frequently adjust to changes; handle stress and emotions; and think analytically.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.