Since 1858, Dohmen has been driven by the desire to get safe and effective treatments and cures to the people that need them most. As entrepreneurs, we’ve looked for new and better ways of doing this year after year. Today, as Dohmen Life Science Services, we bring the industry’s most comprehensive service array to Medical Device, Biotech and Pharmaceutical entrepreneurs, helping them get farther faster and keeping them focused on innovations that improve lives.
Our behavior is guided by five simple values –
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “how can I help you”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “how can I make it happen”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “how can I do it better”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “how can we achieve success”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “how can I challenge myself”
This perspective defines us. How we act, how we do business, how we work with our clients and how we work with each other. They are the essence of what makes us successful. They are what set us apart.
Call center staffing for responding to customer requests for client product information, identification of customer reports of adverse events and/or product quality issue, followed by appropriate intake, documentation and reporting to clients within pre-specified timelines. Medical writing as needed to generate written responses for use by call center staff.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- The individual is able to critically evaluate and interpret data from various sources (medical literature, in-house data, and personal communication) to provide an accurate and balanced response to the customer within the confines of the guidelines and regulations of industry-based drug information practice.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of comfort and proficiency in the generation of new medical information content and/or the revision of existing content.
- Make accurate assessments regarding the event’s reporting status and terminology.
- Take a proactive role in managing products or clients’ needs.
- Triage and respond to drug information inquiries from physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care professionals. Some correspondence with consumers/patients may occur.
- Disseminate drug information either verbally or by written correspondence.
- Identify adverse events during interactions with customers, perform intake sufficient to generate initial adverse event reports in compliance with MCS and client SOPs and fulfill FDA’s post-marketing adverse event reporting regulations. The individual should be able to make accurate assessments regarding what information needs to be obtained and level or depth of information to be collected, in addition to being fluent in safety terminology.
- Coordinate processes necessary for responding to quality-related complaints regarding marketed products. This process may involve interactions with personnel in the following departments: QA/QC, Regulatory Affairs, and the complainant.
- Utilize drug information skills to critically evaluate medical literature in researching and developing information for written dissemination to healthcare professionals.
- Miscellaneous projects including market and competitive product research, system development, sales training projects, and field liaison support.
- Triage and respond to drug information inquiries
- Adverse Event Reporting
- Product Complaint Reporting
- Medical Writing
- On-call responsibilities on an as assigned basis
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Minimum qualifications are Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (Pharm.D. degree preferred) with strong clinical background and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency and/or industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in drug information or a specialty area (particularly oncology, infectious disease or cardiology) and other unique skills are also preferred.
- Positive Attitude and Energy – Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
- Communication Skills – Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate.
- Innovator – Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Highly Principled – Proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.