At Dohmen, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself?”
The manager of talent acquisition provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to recruiters and support staff who provide recruiting support to hiring managers across several states.
Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes
- Ensuring work is accomplished effectively by managing employee performance, work processes and other resources
- Engaging employees to maximize their discretionary effort
- Developing a pipeline of excellent talent to fill future business needs
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Fill senior-level positions, as well as positions in operations and management.
- Develop new strategies and programs to attract candidates.
- Manage recruiting team.
- Work closely with recruiting teams in other regions to share best practices, provide assistance on critical needs and coordinate on national-level initiatives.
- Create and maintain metrics to ensure effective recruitment, continuous improvement and executive understanding of talent acquisition strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Source and present candidates for wide range of positions representing all of DLSS.
- Coordinate appropriate employment testing, conduct employment verification and monitor success of background screenings.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt positions.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Education : Bachelor Degree
- Experience and/or Training 5+ years of experience in the recruitment field
- Licenses/Certificates N/A
- Technology/Equipment N/A
- Education N/A
- Experience and/or Training 10+ years of experience in the recruitment field
- Licenses/Certificates N/A
- Technology/Equipment Experience in ADP and iCIMS
Physical and Mental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to stand for up to eight hours in a work day.
- Employee must be able to sit for up to eight hours in a work day.
- Ability to function in highly stressful situations.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.