At Dohmen, we are committed to keeping our clients for life, ensuring no conflict of interest exists, achieving continuous innovation, and focusing on continuous improvement. Our behavior is guided by five simple values that define how we work and are the essence of what makes us successful:
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “How can I challenge myself”
The Project Manager is responsible to manage projects categorized as key DLSS strategic initiatives and other projects as assigned by the PMM Governance committee. This position will apply the PMM (Project Management Methodology) to make sure it is used in key initiatives and CQI projects throughout the DLSS organization. The purpose of this position is to make sure key projects/initiatives follow the PMM process and stay within scope, budget and on time.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Champion cross-enterprise collaboration and communication resulting in more efficient and effective delivery of projects
- Maintain a high level adherence to department and company processes resulting in high quality team member experience, reporting and satisfaction.
- Deliver projects on time within scope and within budget.
- Ensure continuous quality improvement initiatives align with the DLSS vision
- Lead and execute the DLSS project management methodology
- Ensure 100% of projects are going through the new project approval and prioritization process
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating all project risks
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensure consistent process, management and communication is utilized for projects of all types by adhering to a PMM methodology across the DLSS business.
- Successfully deliver key strategic initiatives and other assigned projects on time, within budget and scope with quality deliverables by utilizing the necessary tools and processes.
- Deliver reports and dashboards to PMO for visibility to the project status
- Manage and measure DLSS continuous quality improvement initiatives as required.
- Represents the company with customers, vendors, business partners and the public.
- Be an expert on everything DLSS.
- Lead cross-functional teams as required and facilitates team meetings.
- Manage with a sense of urgency and availability as strategic initiatives are identified.
- Manage internal and external conflict; be a problem solver.
- Creates a positive environment that encourages open and honest communication that is core to collaborative work relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operational Tasks - The incumbent provides key support services for DLSS including superior delivery of strategic projects and special projects assigned utilizing the established Project Management Methodology of the organization. As a result, effective communications skills, written and oral are critical.
- Continuous Improvement - The incumbent is expected to work with all team members in continually evaluating the efficiency, productivity and accuracy levels of the PMO and PMM recommending process improvements to attain high levels of achievement in each Project Management function.
- Up to 15% Travel
The qualifications listed below are representative of the preferred eligibility requirements
- Education - A 4-year college degree is required
- Experience and/or training – 1-2 years of project management experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates - PMP Certification through PMI organization or willingness to pursue certification as part of this role
- Technology/Equipment - Proficiency using the following software/hardware: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Visio. The ability to learn and become proficient in company software packages
Physical and Mental Demands:
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to productively interact and negotiate with all levels of customers and company personnel. Continuous (over 75%)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and embodies a collaborative work style Frequent (50-75%)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to: perform detail-oriented work accurately, handle several assignments simultaneously, maintain confidential information, and produce reports in a timely manner. Continuous (over 75%)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Frequent (50-75%)
- The ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members and DLSS leadership on project delivery. Frequent (50-75%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.