Since 1858, Dohmen has been driven by the desire to get safe and effective treatments and cures to the people that need them most. As entrepreneurs, we’ve looked for new and better ways of doing this year after year. Today, as Dohmen, we bring the industry’s most comprehensive service array to Medical Device, Biotech and Pharmaceutical entrepreneurs, helping them get farther faster and keeping them focused on innovations that improve lives.
Our behavior is guided by five simple values –
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “How can I help you?”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “How can I make it happen?”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “How can I do it better?”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “How can we achieve success?”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “how can I challenge myself”
This perspective defines us. How we act, how we do business, how we work with our clients and how we work with each other. They are the essence of what makes us successful. They are what set us apart.
This position is directly accountable for overseeing the day to day operations of the transactional accounting functions within the company, involving all aspects of Accounts Receivable (including billing and collections), Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and General Ledger. A significant key success factor is managing workflow, processes and human resources to ensure that the financial statements are completed timely and accurately and will withstand auditing by internal and outside auditors.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards (US GAAP) and the ability to communicate and direct a team to properly apply to the financial statements.
- People management and communication skills.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments.
- A focus on efficient processes.
- Detailed and accuracy orientated.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality and use tact when dealing with sensitive information.
- Oversee a team responsible for the daily financial functions including general ledger transactions, journal entries, fixed assets, client billing, accounts receivable, collections, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed assets, shareholder distributions, credit card administration and intercompany processing.
- Manage the monthly financial statement close by ensuring all month end activities are completed timely and accurately. This may include approving general ledger entries and account reconciliations, analyzing, interpreting and auditing data, and assisting with the preparation of the financial statements, management package and other reports.
- Develop, identify and review proposed changes to standard operating procedures and processes to improve efficiency, productivity, internal controls, and accuracy of the department work product by working with the Corporate Controller. Implement approved changes.
- Coach and develop direct reports through working with the Corporate Controller to develop formal personal and career development plans for each employee and the training programs to support these initiatives.
- Develop and applying effective performance metrics for the positions within the department and put into operation effective measurement processes for each staff member.
- Serve as point of escalation for department related concerns. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills for interfaces with direct reports and indirect reports.
- Provide ongoing communications to keep the Corporate Controller informed on the status of the operations as well as issues and potential issues.
- Perform administration duties for key department software packages.
- Serving a key role in financial statement audits.
- Other projects as assigned which may include integration of potential acquisitions, forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes accounting and organization goals by completing related activities as required
- Supervise, coach and develop direct reports
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Two years of Public Accounting experience preferred
- Seven years of progressive accounting experience
- Strict confidentiality and tact when dealing with sensitive financial and employee files and information.
- Working knowledge of financial statements and their creation
- Attention to detail by nature, with no tolerance for financial inaccuracies
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established procedures; organize own work, set priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with co-workers, managers and the general public.
- Effective in leading a team, giving work direction and following up.
- Experience in supervising, coaching and developing employees
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done and meet strict deadlines which can be under time pressures
- Must be proficient with Word and Outlook including the ability to navigate computerized accounting systems at a highly proficient level.
- Microsoft GP experience is a plus.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.