Since 1858, Dohmen has been driven by the desire to get safe and effective treatments and cures to the people that need them most. As entrepreneurs, we’ve looked for new and better ways of doing this year after year. Today, as Dohmen Life Science Services, we bring the industry’s most comprehensive service array to Medical Device, Biotech and Pharmaceutical entrepreneurs, helping them get farther faster and keeping them focused on innovations that improve lives.
Our behavior is guided by five simple values –
Caring: We are empathetic and respectful. We ask “how can I help you”
Committed: We are dedicated and persistent. We ask “how can I make it happen”
Creative: We are inventive and imaginative. We ask “how can I do it better”
Collaborative: We are cooperative and share our knowledge. We ask “how can we achieve success”
Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction. We ask “how can I challenge myself”
This perspective defines us. How we act, how we do business, how we work with our clients and how we work with each other. They are the essence of what makes us successful. They are what set us apart.
Primarily responsible for the calculation, reporting, and maintenance of all government pricing related services provided to clients by Financial Services.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Responsible for the timely submission of client government program price reporting according to internal deadlines and government deadlines
- Follow the processes in place to perform these calculations and reporting submissions by working with internal and external sources as necessary.
- Adhere to required submission deadlines for price reporting.
- Develop and enhance knowledge of government program pricing regulations and stay abreast of any changes to those rules.
- Perform monthly and quarterly government program pricing computations for Average Manufacturing Price, Average Selling Price, Best Price, Non-Federal Average Manufacturing Price, Federal Ceiling Price, Public Health Service contract prices, Tricare, and others government programs as required by clients and according to DLSS Methodologies.
- Be able to gather data pieces from various sources according to specific SOP’s and then position the data compliantly to produce accurate calculations and submissions.
- Proactive communication is necessary among government pricing team members. Must be receptive to training and diligent in learning the processes and procedures in place.
- Respond to Client inquiries and/or request for ad hoc reports/analyses.
- Must be able to maintain SOP established service levels of government price reporting and client responsiveness.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Provide guidance and mentorship to cross functional team specialists and clerks.
- Represent the company to clients, and regulatory agents accordingly to support these relationships
- Learn the Federal statutes, regulations, guidance and any changes occurring to the various government programs.
- Complete special projects and perform all other duties as assigned; must independently manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities.
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- College degree in finance/accounting, management, or business administration preferred. 2-3 years of work related experience in a financial or business analysis role preferred.
- Proficiency using the following software/hardware: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook. The ability to learn and become proficient in company software packages.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical to this position.
- Strong mathematical skills to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and gross vs. net concepts.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be available to work extra hours during situations where we are striving to finish submissions prior to these deadlines.
- The ability to: perform detail-oriented work accurately, handle several assignments simultaneously, maintain confidential information, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Some travel such as conferences and client visits is likely to best learn the government programs and enhance relationships with clients.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical to this position
- Problem solving and reasoning skills needed
- Needs to be a professional of integrity, credibility and high character who demonstrates ethical behavior
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.