This position is directly accountable and responsible for the day to day security, condition, cleanliness, regulatory compliance and operating efficiency of the Memphis warehouse. The incumbent leads and directs skilled and semi-skilled positions. This incumbent will coordinate engineering and maintenance activities relating to repairs, operation, maintenance of the buildings and equipment at the Memphis facility. This position requires that the incumbent performs minor repairs to equipment and facility. The facility is considered a showcase for prospective clients and therefore its appearance and readiness for tours is always critical to ensure prospective clients are favorably impressed.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Keep equipment down time to a minimum.
• Must have trouble shooting skills.
• Must be self-motivate with a desire to succeed
• Keep facility in a clean and orderly condition.
• Direct and lead your team in a way to keep positive moral an encourage involvement.
• Must have a conscience mind to work safely and encourage other to working safety.
Personnel Development and Performance
The incumbent is expected to grow and develop all staff members within the Facilities Management department, through requiring the management of the department to develop formal personal and career development plans for each employee. Another requirement is the development of effective performance metrics for the positions within the department and putting in place an effective measurement process for each staff member that will support performance reviews.
Continuous Process Improvement and Problem Solving
The incumbent is expected to invest significant effort in continually evaluating the efficiency, productivity and accuracy levels of the department and making process improvements to attain high levels of achievement in each business function performed by Facilities Management. This duty/responsibility includes effective problem investigation and resolution skills through utilization of the corporate CAPA program.
The incumbent is responsible for making sure the facility on a day to day basis is ready for operations. The incumbent is expected to work with our vendors, management and the Facilities Management team to ensure that the facility is clean, meeting regulatory requirements, and operating safely and efficiently. This position makes recommendations to management for opportunities to improve efficiency in the facility. This position also performs minor building repairs and monitors the major building repairs by vendors. Finally, the incumbent will work with the Facilities Manager to ensure facility security meets all regulatory requirements such as the DEA, and to ensure the integrity of DLSS’s clients’ inventory stored at the facility.
• All other duties as assigned.
• MAINTAIN EQUIPMENT TO KEEP DOWN TIME TO A MINIMUM.
• KEEP FACILITIES CLEAN AND READY FOR POTIENTIAL CLIENTS TOURS.
• MAINTAIN ALL RECORDS ACCORDING TO SOPS.
• MAINTAIN FACILITY EQUIPMENT AND SCHEDULE PM ACCORDING TO SOPS.
• LEAD MAINTENANCE TEAMS IN BOTH BUILDINGS TO MAINTAIN CLEANINESS, AND INSURE PROPER OPERATION OF ALL EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES.
• MAINTAIN SECURITY ACCORDING TO SOP STANDARDS AND TO KEEP INVENTORY AND FACILITY SECURE TO MEET ALL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS.
• MONITORS AND ADD CORRECTIVE ACTION TO MAINTAIN TEMPERATURE ACCORDING SOP STANDARDS.
• MUST HAVE A CONSCIENCE MIND TO WORK SAFELY AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO WORK SAFELY.
• MUST BE WILLING TO BE ON CALL.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: The position is mostly physical, manual effort or thinking type activities.
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: The position requires communication outside the workgroup involving other departments and some client communication.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: The position uses written effectively to perform tasks but authoring communications is rare
TEAMWORK: The position requires cross department teamwork but normally at peer levels.
MANAGEMENT SUPPORT: The position combines SOP adherence with tasks that are specialized and unique requiring some management support.
PLANNING AND ORGANZING: The position combines well defined SOP tasks with unexpected events that require some planning and organizational skills.
QUALITY: The position follows both defined quality standards but is also expected to actively search for quality improvements and present them to management.
SUPERVISION: There is direct supervisory responsibility, will lead and direct a team of non-exempt employees.
LEADERSHIP: The position will lead, direct and take disciplinary action when necessary of a team of non – exempt employees.
REASONING AND PROBLEM SOLVING: The position involves executing defined oral and written instructions, but adds problem solving skills for special unplanned events.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS: The position is mostly task focused requiring basic add/subtract/multiple/divide skills to effective perform the job.
COMPUTER SKILLS: The position requires the use of a computer and the ability access maintenance programs, and emails.
EDUCATION: The position requires a high school diploma only and equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The position may require 1 or 2 certificates, licenses or registrations to be successful in the position.
TRAVEL: The position requires no travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires physical lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and other physical activities at least half the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position spends at least 90% of the time in a warehouse environment where negative factors such as noise and dust can be a factor.
• Positive Attitude and Energy – Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
• Communication Skills – Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate.
• Innovator – Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
• Highly Principled – Proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.