The Contract Management Specialist is primarily responsible for the chargeback and rebate invoice processing for various DLSS clients.
POSITION SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Complete processing of chargeback and Medicaid services in accordance with the department SOPs
- Perform services related to transactional processing with zero defects.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, clients, wholesalers, state program contacts, etc.
- Process chargeback submissions
- Perform contract administration activities
- Research and resolve aged chargeback deductions
- Prepare reconciliations of Medicaid Drug Rebate Program invoices and prior quarter adjustments
- Perform necessary administrative duties related to Medicaid processing
- Must be able to maintain SOP established service levels of chargeback and Medicaid rebate processing across several client drug manufacturers.
- Validate and reconcile chargebacks, including resolution of any variances or discrepancies.
- Maintenance of contracts including, class of trade, pricing, membership, group purchasing organizations (GPO), etc.
- Monitor pricing and membership eligibility to validate claims.
- Maintain an organized audit trail.
- Collaborate with major industry wholesalers and key state Medicaid administrators toward claim dispute resolution. Develop and maintain lasting relationships to accurately and quickly achieve results.
- Respond to client inquiries and/or request for ad hoc reports/analysis.
- Support relationships and engage in effective communications with clients.
- Other internal and external duties/projects as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma and a minimum of five years of work related experience in a professional environment. Or associate degree in a business related area.
- Proficiency using the following software: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook. The ability to learn and become proficient in company software packages.
- The ability to: perform detail-oriented work accurately, handle several assignments simultaneously, maintain confidential information, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be receptive to training and diligent in learning and working under the processes and procedures in place.
- Interact positively in a team orientated environment.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and customer service skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions